Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Strawberry Limeade


I lived in the Bay Area of California for several years while I was growing up, and we had a lemon tree in our backyard. Ever since then, one of my favorite summertime drinks has been fresh squeezed lemonade. More recently, I've added fresh limeade to my list of favorites. I bought an electric citrus juicer at Wal-Mart for about $10, which makes juicing limes and lemons so easy that making either drink takes just minutes. The other day we made strawberry limeade for dinner, and boy, was it good!

Strawberry Limeade

1 1/2 c. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 c. sugar
6 c. water
2 - 3 c. fresh strawberries, rinsed and with caps and stems removed

Combine lime juice, 1 c. sugar, and water in a 1/2 gallon pitcher. Stir. Combine strawberries and 1/2 c. sugar in a blender. Puree well. Pour berry puree into limeade. Stir well. Serve.

*If you don't want to add the strawberries, just add all the sugar to the lime juice and water. Or, to make lemonade, substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment