Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Coconut Pecan Frosting


Okay, I admit it. I don't blog as frequently as I should. And the only reason we've been posting a recipe a week so far this year is because Kirsti is really good at making me feel motivated. So I will readily admit to cheating a little bit and posting two recipes (which actually belong together) as separate posts. I excuse myself to myself on the grounds that someone else might be looking for this frosting recipe for use on a different cake than the one that I used it on, so it really is justifiable to pretend that I've written two distinct posts this week. Right? Right??

Hey! Is anyone even listening to me? *sigh*

Coconut Pecan Frosting

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. coconut
1 c. chopped pecans

Heat butter and evaporated milk over medium high heat until butter melts. Turn off heat. Add brown sugar and stir until the sugar crystals are mostly all dissolved. (The mixture shouldn't feel gritty when you you stick a finger into it.) (Not that I am suggesting that you should stick a finger into it . . . at least, not while it's still really hot, and definitely not while anyone else is looking.)

Add coconut and chopped pecans. Mix well. Stick it in the fridge to cool completely. Stir again before covering your cake with it.

Oh, and you might want to double the recipe. One recipe is just enough to cover a 9x13" cake. But who doesn't need leftovers of this, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I think you're totally justified in posting 2 separate posts for this :)

    Huge fan of coconut pecan frosting! I personally would smother that all over a chocolate cake for something German-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, a couple of days later we made chocolate sandwich cookies and filled them with this frosting. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete