Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Creamy Red Potato Salad



To start off, I must just mention how thoroughly I hate potato salad. I do not like mustard. I do not like mayo or salad dressing. I despise pickles. I do not even like to be inside a house where potatoes and eggs are cooking at the same time.

So, that being said, I will add: I LOVE this potato salad recipe, probably because it is nothing like any other potato salad I've encountered. It was brought to a family get-together by my husband's cousin, and I have no idea who initially created it, but it's genius.

Creamy Red Potato Salad

5 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c. diced green onions (just the green parts, though)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix*
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. sour cream

Cut red potatoes into about 1/2 inch cubes. Place them in a big pot and cover them with hot water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer potatoes for 20 minutes or until a fork enters easily and the potatoes are soft all through. Remove from heat and drain.

In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix. Add green onions and crumbled bacon. Add drained potatoes and stir well, until potatoes are well coated. Serve warm, or place in the refrigerator and serve cold later.

*Make sure you check the ingredients in case of recipe changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment