Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Gluten Free Snickerdoodles

 


To be completely honest with you, I don’t really care for snickerdoodles. My husband really likes them, so I developed a recipe several years ago…but I really haven’t made it more than a couple of times since then. Today one of my twins decided that she would make snickerdoodles for one of her church youth leaders who had to have surgery. Other than asking me “How do you know when it’s creamed?”, she made them all by herself. So far I’ve eaten two, and I may eat a third. Maybe I have COVID and my sense of taste has gone, but they just taste so GOOD. And the little boy whose hand is in the next picture? I think he’s eaten five. We may have to make a second batch. 


Gluten Free Snickerdoodles

1 c. butter flavored shortening
1 c. sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 1/3 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
Cinnamon sugar for rolling**

Preheat oven to 350°.

Cream shortening, sugar, and dry pudding mix. Add eggs and mix well. Combine dry ingredients, then mix them into the creamed mixture.

Rolled into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. (Or, if you like, place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.)

Bake 10 to 11 minutes. (Bottom edges will be a light golden brown. Cookies will be puffed up a little bit, but not completely firm to the touch. They should fall a little bit after they come out of the oven.)

**To make cinnamon sugar, combine 1 c. white sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon and mix well. Or, if you like your cinnamon flavor a little bit stronger, add two or even 3 teaspoons cinnamon per cup of sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment